The iBookstore might not be the most profitable leg of Apple’s empire, but it is said that Apple doesn’t get into a business if it can’t make a billion dollars off of it… so no surprise that the iBookstore is a billion dollar business, even if it’s not much more than that.
Over at Asymco, Horace Dediu crunched the numbers and said that the iBookstore is making over a billion dollars in pure profit for Apple.
If I choose a more conservative $9 average selling price and assuming a 70% share for the publisher then Apple’s iBooks generated about $1.3 billion in payments and grossed about $1.8 billion.
That’s no small beans.
- Buzzword Bingo At MWC: The Worst Corporate Slogans We Found This Year [Gallery]
- Leap Wireless Is Upset That It Isn’t Selling Enough iPhones
- Apple Named Most Admired Company In The World For Sixth Year Running
- Real Racing 3 Finally Lands In The U.S. App Store With Mind-Blowing Graphics
- The Flexible Glass Apple Would Need For An iWatch Won’t Be Ready For 3 More Years